Welcome to my Blog!

Greetings and welcome to my page. My name is Rebbecca, I am a mom of two and a preschool teacher in southwestern Virginia. I have had the blessing of working in a Reggio Emilia inspired center for nearly 10 years, with the Greenies (my students) for 7 of the last 10 years. Our emergent curriculum and play based learning approach has changed the way I think about working with children. I am looking forward to sharing my inspirations, reflections and stories with you. So glad you're here!

“If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!” Shel Silverstein


Monday, August 15, 2011

let the children play: portfolios - making children's learning visible in...

One of my favorite things I do as a teacher is create these great portfolios called Me Books. I have always known how much the kids love them but I dare not let them be a regular 'choice' in the classroom for fear of what would happen to them. Hmmm, how can I do this in a way so the kids can have access to a portfolio about them daily that they can be responsible for? I think I found my answer!

let the children play: portfolios - making children's learning visible in...: "Many moons ago when I first started teaching. records of children's learning were kept in the office for teacher's eyes only. Today our chi..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers